Rockstar Games has announced GTA+, a new GTA Online subscription service that's exclusive to the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S versions of GTA 5 with exclusive monthly content and multiple benefits.
Grand Theft Auto Online is Rockstar Games' multiplayer experience for GTA 5. It's been going for a good few years now across three console generations -- the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions only shut down late last year. Since its launch, GTA Online has added new heists and changed up the way Jobs work -- and now, another big game-changer is coming to current-gen consoles.
How Does the GTA Online Subscription GTA+ Work?
As Windows Central reports, Rockstar Games has announced a new subscription service for GTA Online that's exclusive to current-gen console players on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. "GTA+" promises to provide a number of benefits to people who pony up the $5.99 a month subscription fee.
Here's what you get with GTA+ according to today's announcement:
- GTA$500,000 delivered automatically to your Maze Bank Account.
- The Principe Deveste Eight — along with a complimentary Hao’s Special Works upgrade for it before it is made available to purchase by the general public — plus the HSW Orange Trip and HSW CMYK Glitch Liveries.
- The Auto Shop located in La Mesa, introduces an assortment of gameplay updates from Los Santos Tuners. Current Auto Shop owners can relocate to La Mesa at no additional cost.
- Waived LS Car Meet Membership fees. Current LS Car Meet members with GTA+ will be reimbursed GTA$50,000 during this event period.
- Yacht owners can upgrade to the Aquarius Super Yacht at no additional cost.
- The Gussét Frog Tee and Broker Prolaps Basketball Top and Shorts automatically added to your wardrobe.
- The Conveyor Livery for the Mammoth Avenger, HVY APC, and TM-02 Khanjali.
- A selection of free paints and emblems for the Auto Shop.
- 3X GTA$ and RP on Hao’s Special Works Race Series.
- 2X Car Meet Rep on the Street Race Series.
That's not the end of the benefits, though. GTA+ Members will get a new set of exclusive rewards every month. Diehard fans who like to buy a Shark Card every now and again can also get access to special versions of Shark Cards that provide bonus GTA$.
GTA+ will launch on Tuesday, March 29, 2022, for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. If this sounds like your kind of jam, you'll be able to subscribe to this program for $5.99 a month. If single-player is more your style, you can buy GTA 5 on PC and consoles starting at $14.80 or your regional equivalent.